How do you Disinfect your Ductwork?

Duct cleaning and disinfection are essential to maintain a healthy indoor environment and prevent the spread of airborne particles and contaminants. The process involves removing dirt, debris, and harmful microorganisms from the duct system to ensure optimal air quality.

One effective way to disinfect ductwork is to use ultraviolet (UV) light. UV light is known to kill viruses, bacteria, and other microorganisms that can cause respiratory illnesses. The UV light is typically installed in the ductwork, and it works by disrupting the DNA of the microorganisms, rendering them harmless. This method is safe and effective, and it does not use any chemicals or harmful substances.
Another way to disinfect ductwork is to use a disinfectant fogging system. This method involves releasing a disinfectant mist into the ducts, which kills any harmful microorganisms and contaminants. The disinfectant is safe for humans and pets, and it does not leave any residue or odor.
Regardless of the method you choose, it is essential to hire a professional duct cleaning and disinfection service to ensure that the job is done correctly. Professionals have the necessary equipment and expertise to clean and disinfect the ductwork thoroughly, ensuring that your indoor air quality is improved and your family’s health is protected.

Does Duct Cleaning Remove Mold from your Ducts?

Mold growth in air ducts is a common issue that can lead to a variety of health problems. Many homeowners wonder whether duct cleaning can effectively remove mold from their HVAC systems. While there are some misconceptions about this, the truth is that professional duct cleaning can be an effective way to eliminate mold and prevent its recurrence.

At Duct Cleaning Masters, we use state-of-the-art equipment and techniques to thoroughly clean your ducts and HVAC system. Our trained technicians are equipped to identify and remediate mold growth, ensuring that your indoor air quality is restored to a safe and healthy level.

It’s important to note that not all duct cleaning services are created equal. Many companies use inadequate equipment or methods that can actually spread mold throughout your home. That’s why it’s crucial to choose a reputable and experienced company like Duct Cleaning Masters, who will use safe and effective methods to remove mold from your ducts.

Don’t let mold compromise your health and safety. Contact Duct Cleaning Masters today to schedule a professional duct cleaning and get peace of mind knowing that your home is safe and healthy.

Top Three Reasons for a House Fire

Waking up with a news of house fire in the neighborhood is the scariest thing to imagine. In these uncertain times all we want is a safe environment for our family, friends and anyone around us.

There are few key elements in our house that we can take care and avoid any such situation in near future.

Top three items are Laundry Dryer Vent, Cooking Stove, and Barbecues.

Dryer Vent Lint

Lint in our laundry dryer is the most flammable product in the household. Over the time lint is collected in the dryer and its vent and with the high dryer temperature it can catch fire anytime. It is recommended to clean the dryer vent once a year. You can do it yourself or call a specialist to clean it for you. Remove visible lint from your dryer filter and vent after every load. You can use a vacuum to clean the lint as much possible. Never leave the laundry unattended.

Cooking Stove

Unattended cooking is one of the major reasons of fire in the household. Make sure that someone is close and watching the food while cooking. Never leave the stove on and go away for long time. Use utensils, mittens and paper towel properly to avoid any fire. Keep kids and pets  away from cooking area. Leave the kitchen once you ensure that cooking appliances are not turn on.


With summer season approaching we all Canadians look forward to the barbecue parties. Barbecue is one of the best ways of outdoor cooking and enjoying with family and friends. While using the barbecue please make sure that you are wearing proper clothes. Try wearing cotton wear and keep a safe distance from the fire. Use proper mittens while handling the food. Keep some water nearby incase of an emergency situation. Keep children and pets away and watch the food carefully.

There are several other things to take care for fire safety.

Find more information at to learn more.

If you are looking for professional dryer vent cleaning please contact us

Humidifier: Why is it good for you?

Do you get dry sinuses, bloody noses and cracked lips in winter — these problems are caused by dry indoor air and humidifiers are the best solution for these. A cool-mist humidifier also may help ease symptoms of a cold or other respiratory condition.

If you use a humidifier, make sure to check the humidity levels and keep your humidifier clean. Dirty humidifiers can breed mold or bacteria. If you have allergies or asthma, talk to your doctor before using a humidifier.

What are humidifiers?

Humidifiers are devices that release water vapour or steam to increase moisture levels in the air (humidity). They help in adding moisture in the dry air caused by heating systems like furnaces and heat pumps

Humidifiers can help in healing:

dry skin
sinus congestion
nose irritation
bloody noses
dry cough
cracked lips

There are several types of humidifiers:

Central humidifiers. These are built into home heating and air conditioning systems. They are designed to humidify the whole house.

Ultrasonic humidifiers. These produce a cool mist with ultrasonic vibration.

Impeller humidifiers. These humidifiers produce a cool mist with a rotating disk.

Evaporators. Evaporators use a fan to blow air through a wet wick, filter or belt.

Steam vaporizers. Steam vaporizers use electricity to create steam that cools before leaving the machine. Avoid this type of humidifier if you have children. The hot water inside this type of humidifier may cause burns if spilled.

Ideal humidity levels

Humidity is the amount of moisture in the air. Ideally, humidity in your home should be between 30% and 50%. Humidity that’s too low or too high can cause problems.

Low humidity can cause dry skin, irritate your nasal passages and throat, and make your eyes itchy.

High humidity can make your home feel stuffy and can cause condensation on walls, floors and other surfaces. Condensation can trigger the growth of harmful bacteria, dust mites and molds. These allergens can cause respiratory problems and trigger allergy and asthma flare-ups.

Contact Duct cleaning masters to install a humidifier or get more info.

Make your home Eco-Friendly

Equip Your Home with Energy Star Appliances

ENERGY STAR products are better than standard products and they use less energy. To earn the ENERGY STAR, they must meet strict energy efficiency criteria set by the US Environmental Protection Agency or the US Department of Energy. Since they use less energy, these products save you money on your electricity bill and help protect the environment by causing fewer harmful emissions from power plants. Source:

Light Up Your Eco-Friendly House with LED Light Bulbs

Long Lifespan, Energy Efficiency, Improved Environmental Performance, The Ability to Operate in Cold Conditions, No Heat or UV Emissions, Low Voltage Operation, Dimming Capabilities etc. are some of the main feature of LED light bulbs. Replace yours today.

Install a Low-Flow Toilet

Low flow, or low flush toilets, are high-efficiency toilets that reduce our water consumption per flush. They are worth it because they help you save water, and money, in your home.

Stay Clean with Green Cleaning Products

Products and procedures that are safe for the environment and do not emit any pollutants when used. Green cleaning is important not only for the environment and our planet, but for the health of the everyone.

Get Smart with a New Smart Thermostat

WiFi Smart thermostat is for the energy cost savings. With a smart thermostat, it’s easy to schedule your HVAC to run less while you’re out for the day, so you’ll use less energy by cooling your home only while you’re in it.

Energy-Efficient Window, Door and skylights

Windows, doors and skylights can be a significant source of energy loss in your home – up to 25%. In Canada’s climate, this means higher energy bills for you. Buying ENERGY STAR® certified doors and skylights will help you save energy. Source